Windows Media (WMV) 2 MB
Running Time: 0 minutes 33 seconds
Electricity is the power source for many of the modern conveniences we enjoy today: the light in our home, the heat from our furnace, and the cooling of air conditioners on a hot summer day. We also use electricity to watch our favorite television program, listen to music when playing video games, and when using our computers.
While electricity helps to improve our quality of life, it can be harmful if we are not careful. Electricity comes from the many power lines we see located outside our home. To help us live safe around electricity, here are a few safety tips to remember:
- Avoid contact with any wires.
- Never fly kites or model airplanes near electric power lines.
- Do not climb trees with power lines in or near the branches.
- Avoid areas where warning signs have been posted.
- Stay away from damaged or broken utility poles.
- Do not shoot at electrical equipment or power lines.
- Report any downed or broken power lines.
Protect your family against accidental electrical contact/shock by observing these safety practices. Read more...
Accidental contact with electricity can cause serious injuries. Keep yourself safe outdoors - Read more...
There are a lot of hidden dangers around power line construction zones. Protect yourself and your family - Read more...
Storms, accidents, and vandalism can cause substantial damage to an electric system and create hazards. Read more...
While tending your crops this year, take a moment to ensure your safety when working with heavy equipment Read more...